With the new measures and the extension of the Circuit Breaker in place, most of us are bummed out, we’re sure. And it’s definitely worse if your birthday falls during this period, especially since cake shops and confectionery are considered non-essential services as of 21st April 2020.
If you’re worried about not being able to celebrate your birthday in style, fret not. We have gathered a list of places where you can order a delicious whole cake to celebrate your birthday with your family (and even friends, over Zoom!), and have it delivered to your doorstep.
Without further ado, here are 13 cake places in Singapore that still deliver to your doorstep for birthday celebrations at home.
Photo Credit: Fresh Fruits Lab
Infusing fruity elements in the food they serve, their selection of cakes is bound to have a tangy and citrusy taste. Offering cake flavours such as chocolate blackout, red velvet, and lychee, their 500gm whole cakes are sold at S$38 each. If you’re looking for a bigger cake, their 1kg cakes are sold at S$58 each.
- Delivery fee: S$10, no minimum spend.
- Self-collection is available.
- WhatsApp +65 8834 8553 to make your order.
- Website: https://www.ffl.com.sg/fresh-fruits-lab/
Want a customisable cake for your birthday? Look no further than Creme Maison Bakery—one of our favourite bakeries in Singapore—which has been crafting picture-perfect customised cakes since 2014. Besides customised cakes, they also offer gourmet cakes and cupcakes.
- Delivery fee: S$20.
- WhatsApp +65 8181 3689 to make your order.
- Website: https://crememaison.com/
The home-grown bistro is our go-to spot for modern comfort mains and mouth-watering desserts such as sticky date puddings, tarts, afternoon tea, and cupcakes. Instead of whole cakes, why not get a box of 6 cupcakes (S$30) for your birthday celebration?
You can even enjoy The Marmalade Pantry’s iconic afternoon tea set for your birthday at home. The weekend afternoon tea set (S$38) serves 2 pax and it comes with 4pcs of scone (cranberry & orange), 4pcs of mini slab cake, 2pcs of petite cupcake of the day, 2pcs of truffle mayo sandwich, 2pcs of chicken cranberry sandwich, 2pcs of roast beef sandwich.
Mastercard cardholders enjoy:
- S$10 off delivery fee, S$50 minimum spend. Key in “MC10” at checkout.
- Free islandwide delivery with a minimum spend of S$80. Key in “MCFREE” at checkout.
- Website: https://delivery.themarmaladepantry.com.sg/en_SG/
Bakery Brera & Fine Foods offers freshly-baked artisan breads made with flours from Japan and France, and delectable pastries that are made only with the finest ingredients. Their basque burnt cheesecake is one of the better burnt cheesecakes in Singapore that we’ve tried. You can either get a whole 8″ burnt cheesecake (S$60 – S$66) for your birthday. Or you can get individual slices (S$7.30 – S$8) to mix and match the different flavours (choose from original, matcha and hojicha) to form a whole cake.
- Order online, self-collection slots available.
- Walk-ins welcome.
- Website: https://www.bakerybrera.com/shop/
One of Singapore’s leading bakery chains, their snacks are perfect for tea time, and their cakes are perfect for birthday celebrations. They even offer cake freestyle home kits, where you can decorate their selection of cakes which include their talked-about toilet paper roll cake (the ROFL), Mangococo, Matcha no keki, and Dark Chocolate Gateau.
- Order must be placed by 8pm, minimum 1 day in advance.
- Orders received after 8pm will only be delivered the following day.
- Free delivery with minimum S$30 spend.
- $5 delivery fee applies for orders below S$30.
- Website: https://www.formpl.us/form/1092906100
ALL THINGS DELICIOUS
Serving Halal freshly-baked cakes, brownies, cookies, and scones, you will definitely be spoilt for choice. Their broad selection of celebratory cakes include well-loved flavours such as raspberry pistachio, flourless chocolate hazelnut, and sea salt caramel chocolate. They also provide a box of sweet tea-time treats or mini cakes, if you want something different.
- Takeaway and delivery available.
- Pickup within 1 hour, delivery within 2 hours.
- Pre-order your cakes here: https://atdtogo.sg
NINE THIRTY BY AWFULLY CHOCOLATE
A bistro concept by Awfully Chocolate, it is the only store that is currently selling Awfully Chocolate cakes, as most of their outlets had to close down due to the new circuit breaker measures. Don’t worry though, the cakes here are just as good as if you’d bought them from regular Awfully Chocolate stores. It is located at East Coast Road.
- Available on GrabFood, whole cakes subject to availability.
- Order here: https://food.grab.com/sg/en/restaurant/ninethirty-by-awfully-chocolate-east-coast-road-delivery/4-CYW1LZNWTENUFE
Antoinette sells award-winning cakes and pastries that are also very meticulously-crafted. If you’re craving for a luxurious cake from one of Singapore’s most popular French patisserie shops, Antoinette is your best pick. Milk chocolate mousse infused with earl grey tea, and raspberry coulis are some examples of their luxurious whole cakes.
- Minimum spend S$55, islandwide delivery at S$8.
- Use code “PICKUP10” for 10% off all pickup orders.
- Website: https://antoinette.oddle.me/en_SG/
Photo Credit: Sweedy Patisserie
Want Instagram-worthy cakes for your birthday? Sweedy Patisserie has just that. Specialising in uniquely-made macarons and cakes, this hidden gem is loved for their Mao Shan Wang Mousse and Mille Crepe whole cakes.
- Promo for this month: 20% off all whole cakes + free delivery islandwide for any orders including whole cakes. (Extra charges for Sentosa area)
- Buy a box of 12 Fatcarons & get 2 free.
- WhatsApp +65 9436 8160 to make an order.
Photo Credit: Whisk & Paddle
WHISK & PADDLE
Whisk & Paddle is a cafe located in Punggol that serves up a wide array of mains and desserts, including all-day brunch, pastas, and pizzas. They serve whole cakes as well, boasting flavours such as strawberry shortcake and chocolate banana.
- Delivery fee of S$8 is applicable for locations within a 6km radius.
- Self-pickups are available.
- Call in +65 6242 4617 to make an order.
- Website: http://whiskandpaddle.com.sg/
Photo Credit: Ollella
Modern choux meets traditional Indonesian kue. It’s an interesting fusion with unique, impeccable flavours that cannot be found elsewhere. Last month, Ollella released a new flavour: the Strawberry Vanilla Rainbow Forest Baby Cake that is perfect for small celebrations at home. Other flavours such as ondeh ondeh and chocolate fudge are available. Price starts at S$29.80 for a baby cake.
- Free delivery islandwide for orders above S$25.
- Must order 1 day in advance.
- Takeaway is available.
- Order via their website: www.ollella.com
Photo Credit: All The Batter
Singapore’s very first avocado-themed café offers a wide selection of avocado treats, ranging from Avocado Smash toasts, salads, desserts, to most importantly, cakes. You will be delighted to know that the cakes sold here use fresh avocados, low Glycemic Index (GI), vegan-friendly, and gluten-free ingredients to cater to different dietary needs in their cakes. Be sure to order their signature Avocado Rhapsody cake (S$48.50).
- Islandwide delivery fee is S$20.
- WhatsApp +65 8510 6313 to make an order.
- Can order online at their website.
- Website: https://www.allthebatter.com/shop/